You may have noticed we love movies here at ioLanche! For this 2014 Christmas season we wanted to offer a fresh view of the Frank Capra classic, It’s a Wonderful Life. The next three segments will include questions and topics for discussion. Feel free to use these personally or in a group and tell us what you think in the comments below!
We may consider our life to be common and sometimes dull, but we have opportunities each day to make even small choices to impact the world for good.
- What are some of the difficult situations George found himself in as a boy?
- Did he choose to be in those situations?
- How would you say George’s actions affected others around him?
- What type of character did George demonstrate?
- How did he suffer for his choices?
- Would you say his suffering was worthwhile? Why or why not?
- What would you have done in similar circumstances?
Read 1 Peter 2:19-21
- Consider choices you have before you. How does this passage speak to decisions that need to be made?
Read Romans 12:9-21
- Prepare a list with 2 columns. In the left column make a list of all the commands in this passage. In the right column make a list of how you could practically follow that command in your life. Consider those with whom you have conflict or any challenging circumstances going on in your life right now.
- What can you do to affect things with love?
Read Luke 16:10-15
- With what have you been trusted?
- What does the way you manage your responsibilities say about you and your relationship with God?
- What do your priorities say about you?